Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Weigh In Day....week Three....Rain or Shine

 
 Lost only a pound this week. But if I shared what I actually consumed this last week you'd probably...like me...
be wondering how I didn't gain any weight let alone lose.
So I am GOOD with this.
I know the only thing that's been saving me each week is the fact that I continue to get my exercise in EVERY DAY..... no matter what.  RAIN OR SHINE!  Like today for instance.  I woke up to it pouring outside.  The old me.... the one who was dreading this whole "getting fit" plan would have taken one look outside this morning and secretly been like "YES!!! I don't have to walk/run this morning!"  But instead... I shocked even myself with my attitude. LOL I was genuinely irritated and unhappy about the rain and how it would affect my routine.  But... I didn't let it stop me.  And I'm kinda proud of myself for it!  I "pushed through it" ... got it done.  Even took my umbrella with me.....
 
 
Now that I'm starting to feel good and solid with my exercise routine it's time to start taking my eating habits seriously.  I am gonna need help in this department BIG TIME!  How do you train yourself to make better choices after living almost 40yrs of eating what "sounds good"?
I've been hearing awesome things about the app called "My Fitness Pal"....
Anyone else use it?  Have success with it?  I'm going to try it.  I downloaded it last night and so far I like what I see.  I think it will take some getting used to though.  I've never been that girl who counted or tracked calories so hopefully I can stay on top of this. Wish me luck!


4 comments:

  1. Great job Shanna, I am in the same boat and trying to get fit too! I LOVE My Fitness Pal so find me on there (kad292)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fitness pal rocks! Changing your mindset IS hard, but after a few days of clean healthy eating your body will crave healthy food! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Shanna. Granted, the loss was small, but the fact that you are feeling better with the exerecise is encouraging. I think that feeling better and, therefore enjoying life more, are bigger goals than just weight loss. I admire your persistence. I think, if I were to have any success in shedding my extra pounds, I would have to go to a "boot camp" type program. I know that, for you, is very unlikely considering your many obligations.
    Lenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for exercising even when it's rainy outside! You're setting a good example! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete